join the team
Customer Happiness Hero
It started with a long walk and two sisters living on the opposite side of the world. The idea was sparked by the question: What is it that you love that is uniquely you? Becca thought about her home and studio. She had a random selection of metal lockers. One flaky old one found on the side of the road, a few from antique stores and some new. She's always had a thing for lockers.
From that day in 2017 the work began to bring our colourful lockers to the world. We’ve grown so quickly and now have retail customers purchasing from our online stores worldwide. The count so far this year has been sales to 36 countries! We are also stocked by over 150 retailers in Australia, New Zealand, the UK, Europe and the US – including Urban Outfitters, Oliver Bonas and Libertys London. In August 2021 we launched to retail customers in the US, with our wholesale operation to follow very soon. It’s an exciting time as there is lots more growth on the horizon.
Most importantly, Mustard is a business that really cares about its staff. Our team is like a family. We support each other to make sure we all enjoy what we do and collaborate so everyone knows they have a team to support them.
We have offices in London, UK and Newcastle, Australia. This role will be based in our London Office.
Mustard is looking for an experienced Customer Happiness Hero to join our team.
You’ll be responsible for communicating with our customers, organising what they need and resolving any issues in the most outstanding way you can think of. We aim to WOW our customers and this will be your focus. You’ll also be happy to support in other areas of the business – such as help at events, packing spare parts and keeping our office lovely. You will greet every challenge with enthusiasm, share your natural ability to juggle multiple tasks and be the calm amongst the storm.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Be the first point of contact for Mustard customers. Manage incoming phone calls and emails.
- Going the extra mile for every customer. We want to give the best service possible and keep Mustard customers coming back for more (because lockers are addictive!) We’re always be open to new ideas to help us grow and improve as a business.
- Resolve issues as quickly and efficiently as possible, ensuring that the customer is updated at every opportunity and that all interactions have a positive outcome.
- Arrange replacements parts for when issues do occur.
- Liaise with couriers daily to get our lockers to our customers quickly and safely. There's a fair bit of logistics involved.
- Process refunds, order changes and assist with ordering where necessary.
- Keeping pre order lists up to date and communicating delivery dates with customers.
- Building positive customer relationships with everyone that contacts us.
- Generally being part of the team. Sometimes this means photoshoots, sometimes events like trade shows, sometimes visits to our warehouse. There's always new things going on so they'll be plenty of opportunity to get involved.
Hello, is it you we’re looking for?
- You understand the nuances of life in a start-up and are happy to roll up your sleeves: no job is too big, or too small.
- Through excellent product knowledge you will deliver the most exceptional customer care and maximise sales at every opportunity.
- You feel confident you can make our customers happy and our days run a little more smoothly.
- You are exceptionally organised and thrive on solving problems.
- Working autonomously suits you. You'll need to tackle tasks with initiative and creativity and you'll spot the things that need to be done and find a way to make it happen.
- You’ve got great attention to detail.
- Have good computer skills - Outlook, Word and Excel. A e-commerce background and experience with Shopify is a bonus!
The Important Stuff
- Based in our London office
- Immediate start to the right candidate
- Full time with flexibility to do some work remotely.
- Will require some work with other teams on UK/US/Australian time zones some days
- Competitive salary
- You will end up with a home full of Lockers and get to work with an awesome team!
To apply please send a really nice email to Jess at firstname.lastname@example.org, include 'Join the team" in the subject line, we want to get to know who you are, what experience you've had, your availability, why you want to work for mustard and which is your dream locker?
Can't wait to hear from you!